In honour of Canada Day here are some interesting facts about our beautiful home.
- We love our Beer. On Canada day long weekend British Columbia alone is known to drink 1.2 million litres of beer.
- Canada has more doughnut shops per capita than anywhere else.
- 86% of Canadian believe they live in the best country in the world.
- 20% of the world’s fresh water resides in Canada
- Basketball was invented by a Canadian
- 35%-50% of all music broadcast on Canadian radio must be Canadian
- Canadian words are spelt the British way rather than the American Way.
- 77% of the world’s maple syrup is made in Quebec.
- Macaroni and cheese is the most purchased and packaged grocery item in Canada.
- The border in between Canada and United States is the longest international border and lacks any military defence.
Have a great long weekend #YYC. We are proud to be Canadian…Eh.